Belvoir Stockport - Tenants..Looking For A Property To Rent?
Call us today on
0161 432 2244
Why rent from Belvoir Stockport?
- We offer a comprehensive range of quality properties.
- Convenient viewing times. 7 days per week 8am - 7.30pm.
- We only manage properties that meet all today’s safety requirements e.g. gas appliances, electrical safety
and fire safety to furnishings.
- Tenant contents insurance - great cover at great rates.
- Specialised credit referencing offering quick response.
- Damage deposit protected by comprehensive written inventory of fixtures and fittings using digital photography.
- Your damage deposit is safe in a government bonded scheme (see Deposit Protection Scheme section).
The Rental Process
- Once you have selected a property we may ask you to provide a holding deposit
- This payment is not an additional charge and is deducted from your completion payment (first months rent).
- The holding deposit holds the property pending reference and credit checks. Finally, we seek the landlord’s approval to your application.
- If you subsequently decide to pull out then you will forego the deposit.
Application & Referencing
- Referencing is through Experian and typical referees include your bank, employer, previous landlords and accountant.
- In the absence of suitable referencing a guarantor will usually be required.
- As a guide, your annual income needs to be 2.5 times the annual rent.
- At the commencement of the tenancy you will be required to sign a Tenancy Agreement outlining the obligation of the landlord and the tenant.
- An administration charge is made for this and subsequent extensions to the agreement. All Tenancy Agreements are "Assured Short hold Tenancies" under the provisions of the 1988 Housing Act (minimum 6 months).
- Deposits (usually 6 weeks rent) are payable on all tenancies and are placed in the Deposit Protection Scheme, set up by the government to offer protection to tenants. This will be returned to you at the end of the tenancy provided the property is found to be in an acceptably clean and tidy condition.
On the day that you are due to move in it will be necessary to visit one of our offices in order to sign the Tenancy Agreement and pay your "initial monies” which are detailed as follows:
Payment of initial monies must be by cleared funds.Click here if you are a tenant and you wish to make an enquiry
- One calendar months rent in advance (less holding deposit already paid)
- Security Deposit
- Referencing and Tenancy Agreement charge (includes inventory fee)
- Contents insurance (if applicable)
347 Wellington Rd North
T: 0161 432 2244
F: 0161 432 2255
E: Contact Stockport