Belvoir Swansea - Buy To Let
Call us today on
Buy to Let Top Tips
1. Carefully compare property prices and rental potential in the area you are looking to invest.
2. Before you buy a property check the letting potential with an independent, lettings specialist i.e. not a letting agency that is part of an estate agency (can have conflicting agendas).
3. Buy properties that are easy to rent all year round.
4. Only use letting agents that are members of the National Letting Approved Scheme (NALS). Our landlord ‘client accounts’ are independently audited annually to ensure your money is safe.
5. Ensure your property is well presented. We can arrange for complete property makeovers (redecorating/cleaning) for very competitive prices.
6. Make sure you take out specialist lettings insurance which covers you for building, contents, malicious tenant damage, rent and legal expenses (including repossessions expenses) and arrears. Our comprehensive Belvoir! rent and legal insurance is offered at a reduced rate of £126.
7. Carefully reference check your tenants. We use a bespoke tenant referencing process to ensure that tenants are comprehensively checked.
8. Ensure your inventory is comprehensive and up to date, or you may fall fowl of a tenancy deposit complaint. Using an independent inventory clerk could also help your case should you ever come across a dispute.
9. Keep up to date with lettings legislation. At Belvoir! we offer our landlords access to a FREE dedicated legal helpline that aims to answer any queries that they might have. This will help you to reduce those dreaded solicitors bills!
10. Take specialist property financial advice. Belvoir! Swansea work closely with St James’ Place Wealth Management who can offer impartial advice on how to get the best out of your portfolio.
Rest assured that Belvoir! Swansea will help you to select, prepare, advertise, manage, protect and maintain your investment.
29, Castle Street
T: 01792 461929
F: 01792 293054
E: Contact Swansea
Mon–Fri 0930 to 1730
Sat 1000 to 1430 (Available for viewings 7 days a week 0800 to 2000 by appointment only)