10 Great Reasons to Use Belvoir! Balham Lettings Service
* FREE to register, just notify us today of your requirements
* Belvoir manage a comprehensive range of quality properties
* Convenient appointment times, including out of office hours and weekends. Viewings are always accompanied by trained staff.
* Tenancy agreement is prepared under current legislation
* We only manage properties of high standards that meet all of today’s safety regulations e.g. gas appliances, electrical safety and fire safety for furniture and soft furnishings
* Security deposits are held in the new tenancy Deposit Service scheme and fully guaranteed by government legislation
* Belvoir will professionally manage the relationship between the tenant and the landlord
* We offer a comprehensive written inventory including statement of conditions which is agreed at point of checking in
* Competitive contents insurance which provides you with both comprehensive cover and will probably save you money vs your current insurance policy!
* Due to our ‘specialised’ credit and referencing service we are able to give you a very quick response to your enquiry
The notes here are provided to assist you in securing a property through Belvoir Residential Lettings. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to call our friendly team on 0208 767 6466.
The property list on our web site is the most up-to-date list we provide. We endevour to provide as much detail as possible in the descriptions. If you see anything listed of particular interest please call to arrange a conveniet time to inspect the property. FREE to register with Belvoir Property Management, just notify us today with your requirements Holding Deposit
Once you have selected a property we may ask you to provide a "Goodwill" or "Holding Deposit". This payment is not an additional charge and is deducted from your completion payment (first months rent). The "Holding Deposit" holds the property pending a reference and credit checks. Finally we seek landlord approval. If you subsequently decide to pull out then you will forgo the deposit.Application and Referencing
In order for you to be referenced it will be necessary for you to complete an application/form. Usual referees are your employer, your bank, previous landlords, accountants or solicitors. In the absence of suitable references a guarantor will usually be required.Tenancy Agreement
At the commencement of the tenancy you will be required to sign a tenancy agreement outlining the Landlord and Tenant obligations. An administration charge is made for this and subsequent extensions to the agreement. All Tenancy Agreements are "Assured Shorthold" tenancies under the provisions of The 1988 Housing Act (minimum six months).Security Deposit
Deposits are payable on all tenancies and are placed into the new Tenancy Deposit Scheme set up by the government to offer added protection for tenants. This will be returned to you at the end of the tenancy as long as the property is found to be in an acceptably clean and tidy condition. Moving In
On the day that you are due to move in it will be necessary to visit our office in order to sign the Tenancy Agreement and pay your "initial monies", which are detailed as follows:
1. One calendar months rent in advance (less goodwill deposit already paid).
2. Security Deposit.
3. Referencing and Tenancy agreement charge. (Includes inventory fee)
4. Contents insurance
Payment of initial monies must be by Bankers Draft, building society counter cheque, Switch, Delta or Electron (A charge of £8 per card transaction is made for Switch, Delta or Electron).Tenant Obligations
Minor maintenance such as replacing light bulbs, fuses, tap washers, clearing gutters, drain blockages, replacing smoke alarm batteries etc are the responsibility of the tenant. It is important that the property is secured at all times.